Thursday, June 24, 2004

Researching the NBA is fantastic

before everybody gets all excited about the NBA draft keep in mind what little impact most draftees will have on their teams - for example only 7 of the 58 players selected in the NBA draft 5 years ago are still playing productive minutes for the teams they ended up with at the end of the draft - and the previous statement uses a liberal defenition of "productive" as high-school bust J. Bender is included; by far the best pick is Utah getting A. Kirilenko at 24 and second round steal M. Ginoboli is the second best value pick; look for a complete grading by me of the 1999 NBA draft as soon as I finish reading my girlfriend's copy of "The New Yorker" but I must warn you some of those articles are really long and I need to reread most of the cartoons because sometimes they don't make sense

No comments: