Saturday, July 08, 2006

a story to be told


speaking of grappling hooks does anybody dream about the NES game "Bionic Commando" in which you play as a guy who has a grappling hook? This game was way to difficult for me but my friend Dan was pretty good at it; this I what I suggest you do in your lesiure time:

1.) play "Bionic Commando" with Dan in 1989
2.) wait 4 years
3.) play "Super Star Wars" with Dan on the Super NES
4.) wait until Dan is playing and as Luke he misses a jump and starts falling to his death
5.) yell "use the grappling hook"
6.) watch as Dan desperately hits all the buttons on the controller
7.) laugh to yourself as you realize that the only game to feature a grappling hook was 1989's "Bionic Commando"
8.) listen to the Gin Blossoms

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does one do with oneself when one's world cup runneth dry?

Ted said...

Jesus, man, that's the funniest thing I've ever read. Except maybe for David Sedaris' hi-larious Halloween story.